Monday, June 29, 2009

All or Nothing;5


For the third period, all I did was keep my eyes on Filppula's number. My dad was so right. He was amazing. Really good on his skates. We ended up losing 3-2. My dad had always called me his "good luck charm". I guess some things change over time.



Just as I was about to walk out, Marian stopped me. She wanted to talk more. I didn't want to be rude, so I had to stay. She went on and on about school, old stories, how my team was doing, you name it. Don't get me wrong, I loved her, but wow, she loved to talk. I checked the time on my blackberry, and noticed it had been a half hour since the game ended. I really wanted to talk to Val, so I sprinted down the hallway towards the locker room. I tripped over my own two feet multiple times, so much for being a volleyball player.



I pushed it open way to fast, almost nailing Ozzie right in the head.



"Jeesh, someones in a hurry."



"Sorry, but have you seen Val?" I looked around for him, but didn't see him.



"I think he just left, why?" He asked curiously.



I groaned, "Great, hes going to think I blew him off."



He laughed, "Kid stuff. Do you want me to tell him, tomorrow at practice, that you were here?"



"Sure, thanks Ozzie." He nodded and then left me standing there.




I couldn't help but feel super bad, but I snapped out of it as soon as I could hear Aaron and Meech somewhere in the locker room. They were so loud, I pushed the heavy door back open and quickly walked down the hallway. But I guess not fast enough, I heard Derek's voice right behind me. "Riley?"



I slowly turned around to see him standing there in a pair of sweats and a hoodie, with a tigers baseball cap on his head. "Hey Derek."



"Where are you headed?" He asked simply.



"Home, I think. You?"



Before I knew it he was standing right in front of me, "I was going to get something to eat. Want to come?" He had the hopeful sound in his voice, and I hated to tell him no, but i also didn't want to give him the wrong impression.



"Not tonight, my Dads waiting for me. Another night?" I took my Pearl out of my back pocket and handed it to him for him to add his number. After he got mine, I said good night.





But before I left, he brushed a curl out of my face, "You look really beautiful tonight. Plus, that jersey doesn't look to bad on you either."



I looked down at it and shrugged, "This old thing? Wow, thanks."



"Night Riley." He said softly.



***********************************************

Friday I had practice in the morning and a game, which we won again. I hoped coach would go easier on us, now that we were playing better. But practices just kept getting harder and harder. Finally it was Saturday, and there was another game which I planned on going to. I hadn't heard from Val of any of the guys from the team since Wednesday, which kind of bummed me out.


An hour before the game, my phone rang, I picked it up, not bothering to look at the caller ID, hoping it would be the one and only person I wanted to hear.

5 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!


    Update soon please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she and Derek used to date or does he just have the hots for her? lol
    Great Update :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, just has the hots for her, as of now (:

    thanks so much for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete